An instant hot water dispenser can make winter much easier. It’s usually installed alongside the main kitchen faucet. Turn it on, and it will instantly dispense water that’s at near-boiling temperatures. Why should you install a hot water dispenser before the snow flies?
- Instant Hot Water Makes Cold Days Bearable – You don’t want to have to wait for a hot cup of tea or coffee when it is cold outside. A dispenser lets you access hot water on demand. Make your favorite winter beverages faster so you can warm up sooner.
- Using a Dispenser Will Cut Down on Energy Costs – A hot water dispenser can be less expensive energy-wise to use compared to heating water in a kettle on the stove. This is especially true if you use a lot of hot water during the winter months.
- Spend Less Time Cooking Meals & More – Cooking can be time-consuming, especially if you have to feed a family. Cut down on meal prep time by having hot water ready when you need it. It will take less time to boil water and complete other tasks that require higher temperatures.
- Can Use a Filter to Keep Water Clean – Hot water dispensers can be equipped with filters, so you get the cleanest liquid possible each time you use it.
Make this winter easier by having a hot water dispenser installed in your Southeast Michigan home or business. Contact Putman & Son’s Plumbing today to learn more about cost and installation.
Putman & Son’s Plumbing is proud to serve our local community. We are grateful for the opportunity to help families and businesses keep their pipes clear and their water flowing. This time of year, we want to focus on what matters most: being thankful. We wish to express our gratitude for our skilled staff, who are always there for our customers. We would also like to say a big “thank you!” to our customers who trust us with their plumbing needs. We wish you all a warm and happy Thanksgiving filled with good food, friends, and family!
picture submitted by client
Putman & Son’s Plumbing was spotted in a Royal Oak neighborhood servicing a client. With the upcoming holiday season our 24/7 emergency line has been reinforced to meet our customers needs. Contact us today!
The first snow of the season is here which is a great time to remind everyone that frozen pipes can cause major damage. The best way to deal with this problem is to prevent it altogether. The following methods will help protect your home and plumbing from cold weather-related damage.
- Maintain Temperatures Around Pipes – Areas like attics and crawl spaces are often unheated or have limited access to climate control. Make sure these areas are kept at higher temperatures to prevent pipe freezing.
- Install Fiberglass Insulation in Attic or Crawl Space – Installing fiberglass insulation can protect your plumbing from low temperatures. This should be done while wearing heavy duty disposable coveralls, work gloves, and a dust mask.
- Leave Cabinet Doors Open in the Kitchen – Pipes that connect to the kitchen sink are often found behind cabinets and along exterior walls. These spaces are harder to keep heated. Leave cabinet doors open in the kitchen to allow indoor heating to enter and warm pipes.
- Turn Off the Main Water Valve – If you have no other options or if your home will be unoccupied for a length of time, turn off the main water valve. If the water remaining in a pipe freezes, it will significantly decrease the potential damage because spillage will be minimal.
- Use a Heating Cable to Warm Pipes – Heating cable or heat tape is designed to keep pipes warm. This can be especially helpful in mobile homes. Always follow the manufacturer’s directions when installing.
Contact Putman and Son’s Plumbing for recommendations for all of your plumbing needs. Our certified plumbing experts can identify problem areas in your home and help find a solution before a pipe bursts.