Depending where you live in Michigan, weather forecasters are warning of dangerous ice, combined with flooding rains and even snow! That means there is a potential flood risk for many of our customers.
Be prepared and limit damage to your home in the winter months when leaks and water damage from frozen pipes are at the highest levels.
Know where all the water shutoff valves are in your home and how to switch them off. This includes:
- whole-house water shutoff
- hot water shutoff on the water heater
- inline shutoffs to the sinks and toilets
- shutoff valve to the washing machine
- shutoff valve to the dishwasher
If you have flooding due to a sewer backup, water leaks, or frozen pipes, contact Putman & Son’s Plumbing 24/7 hotline for help.